Jetpack power cycling from latest update?
robin416
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine started after the latest update. It only appears to do it in the morning although I don't use it much during the rest of the day so it could be happening then too.

Re: Jetpack power cycling from latest update?
RODSCH27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I'm thinking the same. It all started happening after the latest update. Hoping to find out something here.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Call it into VZW support and see if they can assist you with the remaining warranty of your Jetpack.  if its a firmware failure then chances are that you will have to swap the device to get the problem resolved.  VZW should be able to do that if you have existing warranty without too much fuss.  Even if you don't there is a chance they might support you if the problem is confirmed to be related to a Firmware update.

If you find out anything with VZW support be sure to write back and share with us.

0 Likes
robin416
Enthusiast - Level 2

I followed the suggestion to contact CS. The decision was made to swap the unit out since there are other reports concerning this rebooting happening with others.

0 Likes
RODSCH27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep. Took mine back to the store where I bought it. Very helpful in getting this resolved. Verizon exchange it for a newer model. Thank you Verizon.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Excellent, thank you for the confirmation.

0 Likes
robin416
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't thank you enough for suggesting it. I watched the day before the new unit arrived, the old one rebooting over and over again. More than I had seen it do in the past.

So far, this new one is functioning as intended. Although I have not updated it to the 3A update yet. Kinda scared to do it.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If it has the same problem then send it back to VZW.  Rinse and repeat until they send you one that updates correctly.  While it is certainly not convenient this is the best way to escalate the problem and get it resolved.

0 Likes
dmande48

had the same problem that started maybe 2 weeks ago after update.  it started out rebooting every  15 minutes or so.  then it went to once a day in morning after i talked to Vzn and they said pull the battery.  i called them back and they sent new unit and it does the same thing.  can we find a way to revert back to old software version?

0 Likes
RODSCH27
Enthusiast - Level 1

You have to go to the newer model. That's what Verizon done for me.

Keep after them. There's been too many have problems with that peculiar

model.

0 Likes