Re: Jetpack needs to be reset constantly
SusanEcho

I am having this exact same issue. I have done everything in troubleshooting and it STILL does it. Just started about mid January. I have unlimited plan. Becoming very annoying and disruptive. Please help

0 Likes
JohnGalt2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon Support: 

More people are commenting that they have the same exact problem, that started all around mid January. 

Can you tell us if there was any kind of update, patch, or fix pushed out to these devices that could result in this behavior for multiple people?

If so, could it be rolled back?

Also, if this behavior persists for much longer, could we get any kind of service credit since it is making the device almost unusable.

Thank you,

0 Likes
SusanEcho

Susan [removed]

Has anyone received a solution to this? This is driving me crazy. I use

internet for work and this IS my internet. Up until January 17, mine worked

fine. Since then, I've restarted and rebooted hundreds of times.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details and the log details. Were these logs directly retrieved from the Jetpack? When you find yourself having to restart the device, is it because it lost signal or because devices keep disconnecting from it?

AbrahamS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SusanEcho

It keeps disconnecting. It's almost as though it crashes. I have to turn it

of and turn it back on and reconnect. Has been doing it since 1/17/2019.

Prior to that I had no problems. Sometimes I have to turn it off and

reconnect in as little as 30 minutes. Other times I get an hour to three

hours. I've noticed it does it anytime I am streaming anything. Some sites

I can be on for hours before it disconnects. BUT most of the time, I'm

lucky to get an hour.

Susan [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
JohnGalt2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the logs were retrieved from the Jetpack admin page.   Reset is needed because lost signal, not because devices keep connecting from it.  Devices still show as connected to the hotspot, just no internet connectivity.

I re-iterate, that since this is occuring with more and more people, and started about the same time, can Verizon Support please research if there was any change to the device in Mid-January such as a patch or software update.

Thanks,

0 Likes
JohnGalt2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon Support:

These 3 log entries are present right before my device locks up:

[2003/10/07 00:00:35] USB Charger: Disconnected

[2003/10/07 00:00:35] Battery Level : 6

[2003/10/07 00:00:35] LTE Connection established

These same 3 log  entries appear many times in my log.  Unsure if they correspond exactly to the lockups, but can you explain why I see these same log entries, and why the date is 2003 (16 years ago).  

0 Likes
SusanEcho

My Jetpack has the very same issues. Are we going to get a resolution?

Susan [removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SusanEcho, thank you so much for providing me with these details. Being able to stay connected for longer than 30 minutes is essential. I use my Jetpack every day. There is a setting that I would like for you to check for me. This would be 'Automatic shutdown.' Please follow the steps on this link to see what this is set to http://spr.ly/6582ERsus. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's just the normal process on the device, and the date is just the default registration date. The device is working as expected. Are you having any issues? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes