Jetpack MiFi 6620L shuts down randomly
KWebb1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jetpack 6620L  shuts down randomly which shuts down security cameras in remote location

Re: Jetpack MiFi 6620L shuts down randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get this device back up and running for you KWebb1. How long have you experienced this issue? What other devices do you have connected to the JetPack? Is the software on the Jetpack up to date? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Yup, that will happen.

Jetpacks are not intended to be a 24x7 connection device.  They are a mobile broadband device and require frequent reboots to keep their connection to Verizon active and working.  This isnt normally a problem for the traveler who turns a jetpack on and off as needed. 

VZW has better devices for 24x7 connection scenarios such as 4G LTE Routers.

0 Likes
Panayos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issues after Update 5 which happened at the end of 2019/beginning of 2020. 

I have been using this hotspot for more than 2 years before that with no issues. 

I think they is something wrong with the latest update. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Panayos

Updates are meant to optimize the performance of your devices not hinder them. I am sorry to hear that this one has caused issues for you. Is the device shutting down during specific processes or does it seem to be random? Have you tried resetting the jetpack (see here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122340/)?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
Panayos
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the response!

I called Verizon support and after a lot of troubleshooting, many restarts, resets, etc. this problem seems to be gone for now.

What seemed to have fixed it was some action on their side to "activate" the jetpack.

I am still waiting to see if the issue might come back because it was weird that it started happening only after the upgrade.

Maybe some issue when combining the upgrade and the activation they needed to do.

Hoping it doesn't come back....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Panayos, 

Thank you for following up to post your results. I'm very glad to learn that the issue has been resolved. Please keep in mind that you are able to contact us many different ways to get the assistance you need. www.vzw.com/contactus Have a great day!

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes