Jetpack AC791L slow on Home Data 30GB plan
Mighty_Worrier

I've had this Jetpack AC791L for 1.5 years, and I've kept it in the same exact spot in my home where it gets the best signal and data speeds of 15 to 25 Mbps.  I also have a specific spot at work where I place the Jetpack so it gets the same range of speeds (according to Google's speed test). 

However, for the past 7 to 10 days, it's suddenly only getting a consistent 1.5 to 5.0 Mbps at both of these locations (which are definitely on separate cell towers, to be clear).  I've come to expect this kind of frequent, annoying slowdown from the "Unlimited" plan that's on my phone, but my Jetpack is on a totally separate account that's a Connected Home 30 GB Data Only plan.  I thought this was supposed to mean that Verizon wouldn't de-prioritize my speeds at least until I hit 30 GB.  And I'm still well within my 30 GB monthly allowance.

I've made sure the Jetpack's software is updated, I've shutdown and turned it back on, restarted, etc.  

I don't pay $120 per month to get America Online speeds in my home!

Please help!  Thanks for any insight, comments, snide remarks, etc.  🙂

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack AC791L slow on Home Data 30GB plan
CHAGRE21

Do a factory reset and see if that helps. It has worked for me in the past. Worth a shot.

0 Likes