Jetpack 4G LTE 7730L
monique_in_aj

The battery in my jetpack has swollen up and won't let me put the back cover on. I went to the local Verizon Store and they said they could not help me that this is caused by leaving it charged for to long. We don't leave it charged for extended periods. It looks like it's going to explode. It's been swelling up for the last 6 months and finally it blew the cover off of it and I can't get it back on. How do I get a new battery?

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 4G LTE 7730L
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

monique_in_aj, 

We know how important your devices are to you. There can be many reasons that a battery swells. They can be change in temperature or incorrect charging. The swollen battery can even be a result of damage to the device is some way. You can purcahse a new battery https://www.verizonwireless.com/products/novatel-battery-jetpack-mifi-7730l/?sku=sku2710019 online at anytime. 

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
5H2DA

I have 3 of the above JetPacks which have swollen batteries. That said, I charge all 3 from a 3rd party USB charger. This may be overcharging the batteries. Has anyone had the swelling occur using the Verizon supplied charger? 

Dennis

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the swollen batteries in your Jetpacks, 5H2DA. We take your safety very seriously and would recommend that you discontinue use of the Jetpacks immediately and take the Jetpacks in to the nearest corporate store for evaluation. Also, going forward, we would recommend that you use only the original chargers that came with the devices. To find the nearest corporate store, you can go here: vzw.com/stores Select filters and then "Verizon Company Store" after your search. Does this clarify? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes