Jetpack 4G LTE 6620L continuously powering off and on automatically.
pawsable1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last month I contacted support because the jetpack connection was getting sluggish. During the chat session i was advised to restart the jetpack using the button in the back of the device. Since that time the jet pack continuously reboots itself. It sometime does not stay up and running 5 minutes before it restarts. I use this jetpack to work on a vpn a couple hours a day. It is powered off when not in use. this rebooting issue is making it difficult to get my work done.

I went to local store (hour drive away) and was helped by a csr  there who changed some settings. While at the store the problem seemed to have been resolved. When I got back home the problem started again.  I contacted the csr at the local store by phone and the device was replaced through insurance. The device was delivered to me while I was traveling in New Mexico. I had a csr at a store in Albuquerque help with transferring over the battery and sim card. While traveling in Arizona and New Mexico I had almost no problem with the rebooting issue. Now I am back home and the jetpack is back to rebooting itself. Sometime I can get an hours work in and sometimes I can't work at all.

It seems to me the problem is a signal issue and not a problem with the jetpack. As I said before, I have been in this location for 6 years and have used a jetpack successfully. The jetpack used to be my best option for internet in this are.

How can I get this problem resolved.

Re: Jetpack 4G LTE 6620L continuously powering off and on automatically.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Problems are never fun, especially when your work is involved, Pawsable1953. Your situation is a little bit of an odd one, with the Jetpack rebooting itself only at your residents. What type of a signal do you usually get at your home? Prior to this issue about a month ago, did the Jetpack perform any type of a system update? Have you ever had the battery or SIM card replaced out of that unit?  

Joey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a consistent connection is crucial, pawsable1953, especially for work done over a VPN. You came to the right place to help sort this out. We’ll need to gather more information to help piece together the information you’ve so generously provided thus far. I agree with you in that the issue has to do with the home location rather than the device. When you were using it in Arizona and New Mexico, what device (s) were you using to connect to the JetPack? What sort of work were you doing on the internet in that location? When the JetPack powers off then back on, is your VPN connection restored? What’s happening on the connected device (laptop, tablet, etc) when you see the JetPack rebooting? What happens when the JetPack comes back “online” regarding the VPN or what you were doing just prior to the reboot?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!  

0 Likes
pawsable1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Joey.

I usually have anywhere from 2 to 4 bars at home, I did not check it when traveling.

I was not aware of any update and the battery and sim card has never been replaced since I got this unit in November 2016. I used an older model previously for about 4 years.

Sincerely,

Shawnie [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
pawsable1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you GeorgeS.

While at home I use an HP desktop computer, on the road I use an HP laptop computer. I log into the vpn then establish a connection to a computer in another location. This procedure has not changed in 6 years.

When working remotely, I access the internet to gather information to update spreadsheets. I also do some data entry.

The jetpack goes to the MiFi screen, when that happens I lose my remote connection. I also lose the vpn connection.

When the device comes back up my computer sometimes reconnects automatically and sometimes I have to click the connect button.

I have to log back onto the vpn and re-establish the remote connection. The desktop I connect to seems to be unaffected, it is setting right where it was when I reconnect.

I started the jetpack at 6:05 am west coast time this morning, it lost the internet at 6:08 but reconnected automatically. At 6:58 it rebooted, again at 8:01 then again as soon as it came back up it rebooted at 8:03.

Sincerely,

Shawnie  [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
pawsable1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Joey.

I usually have anywhere from 2 to 4 bars at home, I did not check it when traveling.

I was not aware of any update and the battery and sim card has never been replaced since I got this unit in November 2016. I used an older model previously for about 4 years.

0 Likes
pawsable1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you GeorgeS.

While at home I use an HP desktop computer, on the road I use an HP laptop computer. I log into the vpn then establish a connection to a computer in another location. This procedure has not changed in 6 years.

When working remotely, I access the internet to gather information to update spreadsheets. I also do some data entry.

The jetpack goes to the MiFi screen, when that happens I lose my remote connection. I also lose the vpn connection.

When the device comes back up my computer sometimes reconnects automatically and sometimes I have to click the connect button.

I have to log back onto the vpn and re-establish the remote connection. The desktop I connect to seems to be unaffected, it is setting right where it was when I reconnect.

I started the jetpack at 6:05 am west coast time this morning, it lost the internet at 6:08 but reconnected automatically. At 6:58 it rebooted, again at 8:01 then again as soon as it came back up it rebooted at 8:03.

Sincerely,

0 Likes
pawsable1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been my morning:

Today (6/7/18)

6:53am I powered on and connected to VPN and remote desktop

7:04a jetpack reboots

7:05a reboots

7:07a reboots, I power off and restart

7:26a reboots

7:28a reboots

7:29a reboots, I power off and restart

7:37a reboots

7:39a reboots

7:43a reboots

7:46a reboots

7:51a reboots

7:53a reboots

8:02a reboots

8:04a reboots

8:11a reboots

8:13a reboots

it is now 8:41 and I am logging off and shutting the jetpack down for the day.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pawsable1953, I appreciate this information as this will help us move in the right direction to resolve your rebooting issue on your jetpack. What happens when you are not connecting to a VPN connection? What type of data speed do you get when it is connecting to the network? You can check this by using the following link: http://spr.ly/6587DcXSU. Have you done a factory reset since experiencing this issue? If you have not done so already, please click on the following link for instructions on how to do this here: http://spr.ly/6588DcXSq

KevinM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pawsable1953, thanks for that information. I can understand how those resets are interfering with your work. I did a little research about this problem. One thing I found was the last software update for your model of Jetpack, directly addressed this issue: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/jetpack-mifi-6620l-update/

We want to make sure that software update was installed. To check that, use these steps to make sure the Jetpack is up to date:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122611/

Please give that a check first and share with us what you find.

John_VZW

0 Likes