JetPack Info bar in AVG window
MARMER4

Last night when I left my office AVG virus scan was running and that window was open.  This morning when I came back and "woke up" my computer the info bar from my netgear jet pack was displaying in the lower portion of the AVG window where AVG usually has their ads and Buy Now button.  .  How did that happen?   How did the NetGear info bar end up displaying on my computer screen AND in the AVG ad section. I meant to take a screen shot but forgot.  I have not been able to duplicate this.   Windows 10 OS

0 Likes
Re: JetPack Info bar in AVG window
MARMER4

I've tried but could not find a way to edit my question and could not even reply until I logged out and back with another name.  So, . . . After working on this a bit, it was not my jetpack info bar, but the MyJetpack web page.  That makes a little more sense, but WHY??  Especially since I have not even gone to that page since I originally set up my jetpack some time - - like a year -- ago.  I've also entered this on the AVG forum and received a response, but not an answer. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: JetPack Info bar in AVG window
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

>  from my netgear jet pack was displaying in the lower portion of the AVG window where AVG usually has their ads and Buy Now button.  .  How did that happen? 

The Jetpack does not have any software installed on your machine unless you specifically enable and configure the USB tethering feature that some would offer.  Even then you are only installing drivers, not an application to manage the connection.  You may be misinterpreting what is happening with your machine.  If anything is popping up its not because of your connection to the VZW Jetpack device.

> How did the NetGear info bar end up displaying on my computer screen AND in the AVG ad section.

Screenshot would help clarify what you are referring to.  Netgear does not manufacture Jetpacks.  If you are seeing anything with Netgear on it then that is a result of previously installed software from another product.

>  it was not my jetpack info bar, but the MyJetpack web page.

The Jetpack admin page would only pop up if you navigated to it from a web browser.  You may have other configuration software running on your machine that called the Jetpack on its own.

> I've also entered this on the AVG forum and received a response, but not an answer. Anyone have any ideas?

My guess is that you have competing connection software that is giving you the wrong impression about what is going on.  I suggest you review the applications that are installed and currently in use on your machine.  Remove anything that does not need to be there and continue monitoring the problem from there.  The Jetpack does not have any kind of window popup logic built into it. All it can do is host a webpage for administrative functions, but someone needs to manually navigate out to that site in the first place.

Also, I'd highly advise shutting down your Jetpack overnight when it is not in use.  Jetpacks are not designed for 24x7 useage, VZW has better devices for that kind of a scenario.  Over working your Jetpack will result in it burning out earlier than expected.  This will also help you keep better tabs on your data usage if that has ever been a problem for you in the past.  As long as your PC is connected to a powered on Jetpack the Jetpack is going to provide it with whatever internet it requests.

0 Likes