Is my jetpack locked to the Verizon network?
a_alkuwari

Hi

i have purchased the jetpack 6620L for 209 $ from Amazon. Is the Broadband locked to verizon's network only or i can use it in different countries with different sim cards and networks ?

If so, how can i unlock it ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: jetpack 6620L Lock
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Is the Broadband locked to verizon's network only

Yes.  But Verizon has roaming agreements with other wireless service providers.  Check Verizons coverage map for confirmation if they have an agreement in a particular area or not.

>  i can use it in different countries

Yes, if international data and roaming is enabled on your account.  I believe the 6620 is an international device.

> with different sim cards and networks ?

No, you can only use a VZW sim card with VZW mobile broadband devices.  The jetpack will function with a different SIM card installed however it wont be able to connect to the internet.  All it will do is broadcast its own wireless LAN which is useful for people hoping to do local file sharing and functions.

View solution in original post

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Is the Broadband locked to verizon's network only

Yes.  But Verizon has roaming agreements with other wireless service providers.  Check Verizons coverage map for confirmation if they have an agreement in a particular area or not.

>  i can use it in different countries

Yes, if international data and roaming is enabled on your account.  I believe the 6620 is an international device.

> with different sim cards and networks ?

No, you can only use a VZW sim card with VZW mobile broadband devices.  The jetpack will function with a different SIM card installed however it wont be able to connect to the internet.  All it will do is broadcast its own wireless LAN which is useful for people hoping to do local file sharing and functions.

a_alkuwari

But i have paid the full amount of 209$

Doesnt this mean that it is a unlocked version ?

Regards,

Abdulaziz Al-Kuwari

Sent from my iPhone 6

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> But I have paid the full amount of 209$

Grats.

> Doesn't this mean that it is a unlocked version ?

No.  This is a hot button political issue with personal technology devices in the US.  Right now service providers are not required to manufacture or partner with companies that create unlocked devices.  You can try contacting VZW to see if they will open it up for you, but those processes are more focused around smartphones.  I haven't seen any thing regarding unlocking a mobile broadband device like a Jetpack.

Re: Is my jetpack locked to the Verizon network?
horizonracer
Enthusiast - Level 2

the newer verizon hotspotS VERIZON HAS MADE THEM, THEY ARE UNLOCKED, BUT THEY WILL ONLY WORK WITH VERIZON, because verizon has removed the GSM fuction from the newer hotspots so customers can't take them to another carrier.. i am using one of the older VERIZON HOTSPOT (ZTE 890L) and it will work with tmobile, att or verizon, why i refuse to buy the VERIZON NEWER HOTSPOTS, they are trash.. There are plenty of the ZTE 890L floating around on ebay..

Why i bought 6 OF THese units. So verizon can't force me to use it only with their service...

0 Likes
Re: Is my jetpack locked to the Verizon network?
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes