IPv6 transparent Mode
Nama77

Hello,

I'm using Jetpak mifi7730.

Like the title says, I found a feature called IPv6 Transparent Mode on the User Guide Doc.

How it works if it was enabled?

I wish hearing detailed use case.

capture.png

thanks.

0 Likes
Re: IPv6 transparent Mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question Nama77. Transparent mode is useful for protecting servers that mainly receive traffic from untrusted sources because there is no need to reconfigure the IP settings of routers or protected servers.

IvoneA_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nama77

Sorry, I have some question.

According to your comment, it means that transparent mode is On or Off?

And, why no need to reconfigure IP settings?

Please tell me more information.

thanks.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpacks come with many features that are local firewall only.  All of them involving publicly accessible IP Addresses are overwritten by the VZW NAT firewall that is controlled by VZW on the carriers network.  Any features or services that normally enable custom routing on the VZW device are overridden by the NAT Firewall settings when the Internet is involved. 

A picture of the firewall hierarchy would look like this:

- PC > PC Firewall > VZW Device > VZW Device Firewall > VZW NAT Firewall > Internet > VZW NAT Firewall > Remote device

Thus IPv6 transparent mode is a feature that only impacts those who purchased a static IP from VZW to remove that device from the NAT firewall.  In that scenario the only firewall is the VZW device firewall where this setting change resides.

There is more generic information on IPv6 Transparent mode here:

- https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/security-transparent-mode-ipv6-flow...

- https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1853680-IPv6-with-Mifi-6620L

- Why can't I download updates using my Verizon hotspot?

0 Likes