How long can I leave my prepaid jetpack 5510l inactive
rollingk

I want to use it for a month or two and then maybe not use it again for six months or more.  I understand the data allowance expires in 30 days and does not roll over (which sucks.)  I'm wondering how long can I leave it inactive before I buy more data?

0 Likes
Re: How long can I leave my prepaid jetpack 5510l inactive
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

More info on VZWs suspension policy here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/

Depending on how you want to suspend your Jetpack it will be automatically resumed after a determined amount of time.  Suspending with billing vs suspending without billing will allow you more or less time accordingly.  There are exceptions posted in that document too so check to see if you qualify for any of them.

0 Likes
rollingk

None of that seems to apply to my PREPAID device.

0 Likes
rollingk

Well, according to a chat I just had with tech support, I have to use it every 90 days or the account will expire.  He wasn't clear if that meant buying a $60/mo plan or just a $15/wk plan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also if you leave it inactive long enough, the phone number associated with the device for the line of service/account will be recycled. This will force you to get a new SIM card for the device or have to call the prepaid customer service number to have a new number assigned to the SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rollingk

Yes, that's what it means to have the account expire.

0 Likes
rollingk

OK, now I see in another discussion something about putting money into a myverizon account for future use.  I think its saying that if I put $100 in the account, it will keep my jetpack from expiring for 6 months, even if I haven't used any of that money to buy a data plan for it.  Can anybody clarify this for me?

0 Likes
lynsky

I am looking for the same answer for prepaid jetpac plan but I see no one answered you since 2015

0 Likes