How do I stop the 4620LE Antenna Adapter Cable from unplugging?
MOinMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone figured out how to get the Antenna Cable to stay plugged into the 4620LE?  I know I bought the right adapter but its plug is a long cylinder with no bumps or anything to hold the cable in place.  (See attached picture)  I've tried tightening and loosening the plug to no avail.

Have you figured out how to rig it so it stays in place?  I would love some suggestions!

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4620LE Antenna Adapter Cable keeps unplugging
TyroneGreen
Contributor - Level 2

try 3gstore they sell the adapters you need

Here is a link to the 4620LE Antenna Adapter Cable

http://3gstore.com/product/3968_mifi-4620le-adapter-cable.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MOinMD,

I can just about image how frustrating is can be to not have teh cable stay in place. This is certainly a unique situation that is very difficult to assist in troubleshooting. May I ask have you tried a different cable? If not then I would encourage you to try another cable to see if the issue may be the cable. If this is not the case then please advise as we may have to look at the device for functionality.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MOinMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

How would I do that?  You only sell one model of adapter cable for this antenna?????  And of course, they aren't sold in stores.

You only have a couple of days before this whole setup gets returned.

0 Likes
TyroneGreen
Contributor - Level 2

try 3gstore they sell the adapters you need

Here is a link to the 4620LE Antenna Adapter Cable

http://3gstore.com/product/3968_mifi-4620le-adapter-cable.html

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries MOinMD!  Check out accessories for the MiFi 4620LE here: http://vz.to/19eOzan.  When and where did you purchase this antenna?  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MOinMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going to try this because the one Verizon is selling is NOT for my MiFi....  it clearly states on the box that it's for the Pantech UML295 MiFi which has a similar port, but it won't stay plugged in.  In the meantime I have resorted to using a Velcro Cable Tie to keep it plugged in and that is working (and a cheap solution if you need a cheap solution).

Thanks for this information!  I have never heard of this website and it looks like this is a great tip.

0 Likes
MOinMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought both antennas and adapter cables directly from Verizon Wireless.  The cables have been checked by several people by now and everyone at Verizon agrees that these are the correct adapter cables.... though the ones sold by 3gstore look significantly (meaningfully) different than what I have now in a couple ways...  The base of the plug is wider and the end of the plug fans out at the ends.  I suspect this will keep the plug stable and in place properly.  I'll be buying two of them and if they work, I'll be returning the adapter cables I bought from Verizon immediately!

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

You can do what Tyrone Recommended or you can bypass the whole adapter headache and just get a Wilson Sleek 4G-V Signal Booster for 4G LTE you simply slip the Mifi4620LE into the cradle power on the booster and instant signal and its better than an antenna.   Check out the Reviews on the Sleek at 3gstore.com

0 Likes
MOinMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what you are saying is I could spend $13.00 for an adapter cable for antennas I already own    

OR 

I could spend $130.00 for this Wilson Sleek Cradle.   

Which one do you think I am going to choose?

Should I ever upgrade my phone (which looks more doubtful every day)...  I'll consider this to replace the dash mount I use with my current phone.  I like the universal nature of it.

0 Likes
MOinMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received my new Antenna Adapter cable from the 3gstore.com website and it is the right one.

Thank you for this information.

-Monica.

PS  I'll be returning the two I bought from Verizon immediately.

0 Likes