How do I connect back to the internet?
lizrdb8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jetpack 5510L - I have connected three different devices to a company-issued Jetpack 5510L.  All connect to the Jetpack, the Jetpack shows connected devices - but no internet access.  I have other Jetpacks (same model) on hand and am able to get on the internet using them so it is definitely an issue with this device.

Per the telecom department, the device is fine - no outstanding bills, it is listed as active - so no reason from their end that this won't work.

I have popped the battery, popped the SIM card, performed a hard reset on the device... still not working.  Anything else to try?

Thank you!

Liz

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Jetpack 5510L - connected, no internet access - is there a fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for giving us the details about the service for the 5510L. It certainly seems as though there is somehthing going on with this particular jetpack.
Have you already had a chance to look into the warranty/replacement options?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DCREID

Mine is doing the same thing. Started about 2 days ago. How do you do a hard reset?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Sounds like the Jetpack is suffering from a defect.  Time to contact VZW and discuss replacement options as you have already completed all of the easy steps to resolve temporary problems.  You also confirmed its not a service problem in your area since you have other VZW devices that do work.

0 Likes
lizrdb8
Enthusiast - Level 2

DCREID – To perform a hard reset, you can follow these steps: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-71928/ . I had performed the device steps (2nd set of instructions).

John – I was afraid of that… Thanks for the confirmation!

Liz

0 Likes
windtalkers

The same thing is happening to me.  I was using the Jetpack on 2 HP laptops and an Android without any problems until just recently.  Now I get a dns error and also network adapter error.  I have tried resetting, removing the battery and putting it back in again.  Nothing works.  One computer still works so I know it isn't a problem with the equipment.

All fixes keep telling me to reset the router and I have done it numerous times.  I see that several are having this same problem so you need to provide a fix for this problem we are having.

0 Likes
windtalkers

P.S.  The dns error tells me that the IP address is not a valid IP address.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for giving us the details about the service for the 5510L. It certainly seems as though there is somehthing going on with this particular jetpack.
Have you already had a chance to look into the warranty/replacement options?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lizrdb8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not – but the Jetpack was only purchased in the last six months so I believe it should still be under warranty. Can I return it to any VZW store or do I need to get in touch with the original purchaser?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You can bring it to any corporate VZW store or whatever reseller you purchased it from.  A safer bet is to contact VZWs 1800 number and speak to a rep.  They can ship you one with a container and return label for your current one in a few days.

0 Likes
lizrdb8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with one yesterday – they are shipping out a new Jetpack and SIM.

Thank you!

liz