How do I access the WEP key on my Jetpack?
Bailey_Shelton
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the WEP key on my mifi jetpack and how do I access it

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WEP Key
Weth
Legend

Just as I feared. The protocol is too old and as I said retired 11 years ago. Little bro will need to find another Internet connection. However, WEP is very hard to find these days. Sorry. There is nothing you can do to get it to work with the jetpack. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

WEP is a mostly obsolete wifi security key.  Almost everything uses WPA or more likely WPA2 these days.  It is basically the wifi password.  The default is usually on the jetpack bottom. 

Bailey_Shelton
Enthusiast - Level 2

My little brother is trying to use it on his Nintendo DS but the regular password isn't working. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Nintendo DS is only compatible with the old security protocol.  You will need to login to your jetpack, change security protocol to WEP and have a new code. 

Be aware, I am not sure you can still select it.  The protocol was retired in 2004.  It is very insecure and can be cracked in a minute or so. 

0 Likes
Bailey_Shelton
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only options I'm seeing are

Global

LTE only

CDMA only

LTE/UMTS/GSM

will any if these work?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Nope, wrong setting.

Are you logging in to the jetpack from your computer and seeing option on a web browser.  You can't change this from the screen. 

What model do you have?  I can help you more with that. 

0 Likes
Bailey_Shelton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon jetpack 4G LTE

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Need some model numbers, that name describes all Verizon jet packs.  Something like 890L or 6620L or 5510L ...

Bailey_Shelton
Enthusiast - Level 2

6620L

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Ok. Great. Connect a phone, tablet, or computer to the jetpack on wifi. Confirm you can get an Internet page.

In your web browser, type in http://my.jetpack

login, the default password is admin

Select jetpack settings, and then wifi

Change WPA2 Personal PSK to WEP

Select new wifi password

Save changes

Now you will need to change all your connected devices to the new WEP password and the Nintendo will then connect.

0 Likes