Getting an ethernet connection form my Jetpack?

How can I go from my jetpack to an ethernet connection? Is there a USB to Ethernet adaptor that I can pug into the USB access port of the jet pack and then plug in an ethernet only device?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Getting an ethernet connection form my Jetpack

Leader

>How can I go from my jetpack to an ethernet connection?

No. Not directly from the Jetpack.  The Jetpack only supports WiFi and USB tethering.

> Is there a USB to Ethernet adaptor that I can pug into the USB access port of the jet pack and then plug in an ethernet only device?

No.  USB Tethering will have to be used if you want a supported hard wire connection to your Jetpack.  USB tethering requires driver support on the connected machines OS.

A work around would be to setup a wireless bridge that can convert the wireless signal from the Jetpack to a normal Ethernet cable.  This is not something supported by Verizon, but is well documented in many other areas.  That being said, I wouldnt advise using a wireless bridge with your Jetpack purely for the purposes of using an Ethernet cable out of convenience.  It would be easier if you were to purchase a USB WiFi Adapter for your connected machine and use teh Jetpacks native WiFi connection than to deal with the performance hits and additional maintenance of a wireless bridge setup.

If you are looking for Ethernet cable connections then a better device would be teh VZW 4G LTE Router.  4G LTE Routers are designed for normal home usage 24/7 connection scenarios that the Jetpacks are not.  4G Routers come with Ethernet cable ports.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Leader

>How can I go from my jetpack to an ethernet connection?

No. Not directly from the Jetpack.  The Jetpack only supports WiFi and USB tethering.

> Is there a USB to Ethernet adaptor that I can pug into the USB access port of the jet pack and then plug in an ethernet only device?

No.  USB Tethering will have to be used if you want a supported hard wire connection to your Jetpack.  USB tethering requires driver support on the connected machines OS.

A work around would be to setup a wireless bridge that can convert the wireless signal from the Jetpack to a normal Ethernet cable.  This is not something supported by Verizon, but is well documented in many other areas.  That being said, I wouldnt advise using a wireless bridge with your Jetpack purely for the purposes of using an Ethernet cable out of convenience.  It would be easier if you were to purchase a USB WiFi Adapter for your connected machine and use teh Jetpacks native WiFi connection than to deal with the performance hits and additional maintenance of a wireless bridge setup.

If you are looking for Ethernet cable connections then a better device would be teh VZW 4G LTE Router.  4G LTE Routers are designed for normal home usage 24/7 connection scenarios that the Jetpacks are not.  4G Routers come with Ethernet cable ports.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

I don't have normal internet service where I live (very rural). I use a Jetpack for always on internet. Is there a device that will connect wirelessly to the Jetpack that allows for an ethernet connection to a security device?

0 Likes

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes