Ellipsis jetpack keeps disconnecting
BONLOU59
Enthusiast - Level 1

Newly purchased (mid Jan 2019) keeps disconnecting from internet and has to be rebooted.

I know that after a certain amount of data is used, the service slows; I get that.  But this constant disconnecting has me wanting to throw it against a wall...along with the whole of Verizon.

Anybody else have this problem?

Re: Ellipsis jetpack keeps disconnecting
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Check your signal strength and check the local Admin website on the Jetpack for logs.  See if there are any events that show a disconnection from Verizon or not.  If you are disconnecting from Verizon then there is a signal strength or a capacity issue in your area.

You can improve signal strength by bringing the Jetpack to a different area.  That or setup an amplifier and antenna system to increase the reception in your preferred area.

You cannot improve capacity issues.  If the tower is overworked then VZW would have to invest to upgrade the towers in your area and they don't do that because you ask them to.  You can work around capacity issues by using the Jetpack at off-peak hours.  Try using it at different times of the day and see if your issues are time related.

if your Jetpack is going into sleep mode due to internet inactivity then you might be using the incorrect device for your situation. Jetpacks are designed for quick mobile usage, then to be shutdown until the next session.  If you want a 24/7 home internet replacement device then look into a 4G LTE home router.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, BONLOU59, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Though we never want to hear that it's for this reason, we'd be more than happy to take a look into the performance of your service as well as your device. To start, let's get more details pertaining to your current situation. How long has this been happening for? Also, has there been any recent construction or severe storming in your area that may have caused an effect on the service? Last, don't as if you've made any negative impact if you haven't, but to ensure we save you from having to repeat yourself, can we have you confirm any troubleshooting steps you may have taken to try to fix this on your end? 

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine shuts down after 3 days of rebooting ! need it on all the time for my security camera . have unlimited data plan !

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This isn't the experience we want you to have with your jetpack. I rely on mine too and I'll be happy to get to the bottom of this. What's the make and model of your jetpack? Can you tell me when it first started rebooting? Has it been exposed to any type of liquid or physical damage?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
Bartzieboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem myself.  It's probably because I'm visiting Logan, UT at the moment and the service is spotty.  Here's an idea, Verizon: Instead of just showing 4 bars with 4G and kicking me off every 3 minutes,  maybe you can say "Sorry.  The service terrible at your location.  We'd love to give you better service, but it's just not cost effective for us to provide you that at the current time.  Better luck in the future!"  At least I wouldn't want throw the MiFi at the wall everytime it disconnects.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Bartzieboy

I can definitely understand your frustrations with experiencing these connection issues while using your jetpack hotspot device while visiting the Logan, UT area. I want to ensure we do everything we can to improve your wireless experience at this location.

Are you using the same exact model jetpack device, and are you currently at the problem location, so we can try some troubleshooting steps together? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought an Ellipsis MHS900L jetpack and it keeps disconnecting from the internet roughly every 5 minutes.  It is located in the exact same location as an older-model Verizon jetpack (a non-Ellipsis square model), so I know signal strength is not an issue (I moved the older one to the other end of the house).  Is there any way to make this new jetpack stop disconnecting from the internet every 5 minutes?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to stay connected. Are you doing anything specific with the device? Have you attempted to relocate the Jetpack?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
lmuelly
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been fighting these issues with my jetpack  for 16 months...it is disconnected MORE than it is connected, verizons answer is insane...Oh you need to reboot, really? several times a week, what garbage! Their customer service is no help either, oh have you gone online to the portal to check your settings? It worked great for about 3 months, total garbage, can't wait for my contract to end I'm a 20+ year customer and I would not recommend them to anyone right now...