Data Usage Accounting Not Correct
wb4zit
Enthusiast - Level 2

To whom do I file a formal complaint about your Data Usage accounting for my Jetpack  [Removed]? Yesterday was the first day of my new cycle. Your spreadsheet says that as of 7:25 PM I had used 0.04334 GB. But you charged the device with 1.388 GB for yesterday. That is TWICE my normal usage of 0.07 GB per day. I am 68 years old and only do email and light browsing. There is NO WAY I used 1 GB of data between 7:25 PM and when I turned the device off and went to bed. I challenge your data usage accounting. I have my WIndows 10 set to Metered Connection and there were NO Windows Updates downloaded yesterday.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Data Usage Accounting Not Correct
wb4zit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why has this question been marked "Assumed Answered". Ain't nobody answered doodley squat about your data accounting Your :"Usage" spreadsheet used to be updated every hour or so and one could see when you claim all of this data was used. But now your "Usage" spreadsheet only gets 1 or 2 entries per day. At 7:25 PM I had only used 0.04 GB of data. Didn't use the computer much and turned the Jetpack off about 11:00 PM and went to bed. Next morning you CLAIM I had used 1.388 GB on day 1 of my new cycle. I historically only use a maximum of 0.07 GB and it has stayed the same for years. With Metered Connection turned on in my WIndows 10 and no video watching it is IMPOSSIBLE that I used 1.388 GB in 1 day.

And NO.....nobody has answered my question. Hopefully the FCC, FTC, and ICC can get an answer to your Data Usage accounting.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You posted your question on the Verizon Wireless Community forum which is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. Is it possible you accidentally marked the post as assumed answered? I guess it could have happened when the personal information was removed, but I highly doubt it as the moderation team doesn't normally mark things as assumed answered.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wb4zit, we always want to ensure that your data usage is measured accordingly. We definitely understand your concerns with the sudden change in usage, especially during the first day of your billing cycle. It would be our pleasure to assist you in reviewing the usage further. We're sending you a private message to your personal inbox to further assist. Please keep an eye out for this message and respond at your earliest convenience.

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of ensuring your being billed correctly for data usage. I would also be concerned to see higher data usage then what is being used. I understand you only check email and light data browsing. Do you have other devices that are connected to the jetpack and also using data? Although, your PC did not update yesterday, is there a possibility that another device you have connected to the jetpack had a software update?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes