Can jet pack for video via security system and 2 way communication
PATDUR87

Our rural home has no internet ability but the phone hotspot works well.  Can a home security system work via jetpack to transmit to an application viewed on phone.  And audio heard within the home from device to device

0 Likes
Re: Can jet pack for video via security system and 2 way communication
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Jetpack is really meant to be used as a temporary mobile Internet access device. Verizon Wireless offers another unit that is designed to be used as a primary Internet unit for a whole house.

I, myself, would be uneasy relying on a mobile connection as a primary monitoring/communication means. My understanding of alarm systems is that some form of wireline communication is often the primary means with 4G/LTE being used for redundancy. The manufacturer of the hardware should be able to say if a 4G/LTE connection can be used as the sole means for monitoring.

0 Likes
PATDUR87

What is the name of the whole house device. The Verizon store salesman said there was no  other device

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 8:35 PM, dexman<forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote: #yiv2659629000 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

Shop

Support

My Verizon

| |

Can jet pack for video via security system and 2 way communication

created by dexman in Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot - View the full discussion

The Jetpack is really meant to be used as a temporary mobile Internet access device. Verizon Wireless offers another unit that is designed to be used as a primary Internet unit for a whole house.

I, myself, would be uneasy relying on a mobile connection as a primary monitoring/communication means. My understanding of alarm systems is that some form of wireline communication is often the primary means with 4G/LTE being used for redundancy.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community

Start a new discussion in Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

After digging around, it looks like the device that I was thinking of is discontinued....

Verizon LTE Internet and Home Phone | Verizon Wireless

With that in mind, check with the alarm system manufacturer to see what they recommend.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon SmartHub | Verizon Wireless

This device shows out of stock, but, may become available later on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another option is a 4G LTE USB modem plugged into a compatible WiFi router.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Yes, it can work (provided your cameras are WiFi or you have a wireless bridge).

However, if you want to access the cameras remotely then you are going to need to do a lot of extra work.  Viewing the camera on a phone or a PC is a matter of whatever is supported by the particular security camera.  Most network cameras have apps for smart phones.  Most PCs just use a browser to access the camera, which would also work on a smart phone too.  Gaining access to the cameras remotely requires you to setup a VPN connection to your home. 

0 Likes