Can I take my sim card out of my phone and use it in a jetpack?
HotLZ

I will soon have an unlimited data line freeing up on my account.  Can I take the sim card out of the phone on that line and put it in a mifi device and use it as a hotspot and keep my unlimited data on that line?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I take my sim card out of my phone and use it in a jetpack?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Sim card functions as a means of transmitting 3G/4G data. It will not trasfer your number. You can certainly put another phone on your unlimited data line but it will not work if you put a jetpack/mifi on it.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

I don't know that you can do it. maybe a better idea to add the mobile hotspot feature

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Sim card functions as a means of transmitting 3G/4G data. It will not trasfer your number. You can certainly put another phone on your unlimited data line but it will not work if you put a jetpack/mifi on it.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
horizonracer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes you may, this post is old, but as of this posting, i am doing it with a prepaid account... its THE $40 plan with 5 jigs of data, and i am only using it for backup data, and VERIZON does not care what device you put the sim in... It will just use the data side in the VERIZON JETPACK nothing else...

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes