Can I add a jetpack to my plan and split data with another device?
boryzark

I already own a MIFI4 620LE JETPACK WITH SIM. I would like to add it to my account and then SPLIT the present data plan evenly between the two devices. Doing this will alleviate the who has device, mom or me situation. Do not see the option to do this online unless I am buying new/ preowned device which has already occured. Please assist, robby

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Adding an already owned 2nd device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

boryzark,

We can definitely point you in the right direction, I can see this is important to you. You will have to add a line to your post paid account and have a More Everything http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ plan in order to share data. To add a line, you can call 800-256-4646 and of our Telesales representatives can assist with that. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could look at using it as a prepaid device. When the data allotment is reached, the data is shut off or the person using it can add more funds.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Not applicable

I don't think there is a way to split data evenly.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

So this means you will have 2 devices on a More Everything plan? Simply subscribe to Family base and set the data limit for each device to half of your allowance.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

Can you do that for mi-fis? I though it was just for phones?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I have no idea, but it is certainly worth looking into, especially since the 1st month is free for the service AND the service does EXACTLY what they want it to do. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for mifi's. You can have a mifi on a regular account. It would be kind of self defeating if you have a service where it says you can restrict data on your account to any of the lines, EXCEPT if you have a specific device on it. I haven't read anything like that in the description of the service.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

From the FamilyBase faq:

Which devices are compatible with the FamilyBase service?

FamilyBase works with most Verizon Wireless 4G LTE and 3G mobile devices. However, it's not compatible with:

• Simple Internet Protocol (IP) devices Simple, low-level protocol devices for initiating interactive communication sessions between users
  • Static Internet Protocol addresses

I guess it depends whether or not a mifi is considered a "simple IP device".

0 Likes
mdude4
Contributor - Level 1

Family Base data controls work for smartphones, basic phones, tablets, connected devices, and yes, mobile hotspots.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

boryzark,

We can definitely point you in the right direction, I can see this is important to you. You will have to add a line to your post paid account and have a More Everything http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ plan in order to share data. To add a line, you can call 800-256-4646 and of our Telesales representatives can assist with that. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes