7730L power cycle
darthcharles

I have a MIFI device, 7730L, that has been running fairly well for the past two and a half months.  Over the past week, the device started power cycling.  When it started it was once or twice a day.  Today it has power cycled 6 times in the last 2 hours.

I have check for a software update and and done a factory reset on the device.

Anyone else have this issue? 

0 Likes
Re: 7730L power cycle
AMT4YOU

I am having the EXACT issue. Had random restart every day or 2, now just today have had 9. Sometimes it will stay on for an hour then restart, Sometimes it will only stay on for a few minutes. Have done all the TS steps I can find

0 Likes
darthcharles

Were you able to fix it?  I've tried a software update (Said the device was up to date), Factory reset, and let the battery completely drain and charge it back up again.  Still having the same issues!

0 Likes
darthcharles

Verizon, do you have any insight to this issue?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

This behavior is the result of a bad firmware update that has been released to the public.  Please see the many threads that have been started over this issue over the last month.

Firmware version 3A will require you to obtain a new device under the VZW warranty.  If you get a 7730 as a replacement then disable automatic updates until the next patch is available.

Even if you are outside of warranty its worth it to call in your problem.  You need a replacement device to resolve this issue.  You cannot roll back firmware on a Jetpack.

0 Likes
AMT4YOU

I found a YT video on it Verizon Novatel 7730L Jetpack Firmware 3A Update Causing Problems - YouTube I have had 3 reboots this morning already. Im pretty sure a replacement device would do the same thing unless its a diff model modem. I may have to go back to my 6620 until this is fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

darthcharles,

I appreciate the attempts you've made, and those are some great first steps. What change happened to your device right before the power cycling began? Which software version are you on?

Just in case: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209164/Kati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It can definitely be frustrating to have these issues with your jetpack. Let's gather some information on this. When did this problem started? Does the jetpack still connect to any devices?

Alfredo_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MATMIL30

Having the same issue.  At first I thought it was just my signal dropping, but have since learned it is the device periodically power-cycling.  SW Version: 3A Config Version:B14.NVT.MIFI7730L.0 Last Check: 08/07/2018

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MATMIL30,

I can certainly understand the concern if your MiFi is power cycling periodically, especially after an update. It's important to make sure you have a reliable connection, so let's work together to figure this out.

At this time, the device manufacturer has identified the issue and new software is being tested. Once approved it will be made available to customers, but we don't have an estimated time for the fix to be put in place.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this created, and also appreciate your patience while the manufacturer addresses the issue.

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes