Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,971 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
if out of the country how does data, messaging work?
gran920

Going out of country how does my phone work?  And what are the charges if any,

How much roaming, or data etc?

0 Likes
Re: if out of the country how does data, messaging work?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It may depend on where you are going. Here is a link to the International Options: International Cell Phone, International Service | Verizon Wireless

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi, gran920. I'm glad you're looking into what you should expect for a trip out of the country. I don't want to see you end up far from home without being able to connect so I'm happy to help. The link jav6 is a great place to start whether you're looking into traveling out of the country or just calling internationally from the US. But to know exactly what to expect regarding charges that may apply based on your specific plan (as well as options to add an international feature) I recommend logging into your account through http://vzw.com/tripplanner directly. It's a great guide that checks your phone and plan to give you the best options for your trip as well as let you know what to do to your phone to make sure it works. If you still need help after using the guide, please let me know what model phone you'll be taking along on your trip as well as what countries you'll be visiting and how you plan to use your phone.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question! However, in order to answer this best, I would need to know what type of phone you have. Most newer model phones will work internationally, and will be able to receive calls, text, and data if your roaming settings are set correctly. If you will be using your device internationally, I would definitely recommend looking into our International calling plans. Without a calling plan you will be paying international Pay As You Go rates which can get costly. Especially if you are using data. For more information on our international plans, and pay as you go rates, please use the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/, or reach out to our Customer Care team. 

0 Likes