Will Message+ desktop app still work with an international sim card?
surftrish

We are going to travel for 2 months and have several accounts that text codes for 2FA/MFA. We plan on getting international sim cards for our phones in different countries. I'm wondering if I'll still get text messages on my Verizon home # desktop Message + app so that I can pick up those codes while traveling - even if that sim card isn't being used in my phone at the time. (It will still be an active # and we're paying the normal bill). Thx.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will Message+ desktop app still work with an international sim card?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Surftrish, we hope that you enjoy your upcoming travels outside the United States. The desktop app for Message+ will sill be able to receive the messages while you're connected to a Wi-Fi network. That will still be able to receive text messages while traveling. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
surftrish

Thanks for the reply. However, it appears that short code messages don't come through on the online version or desktop app for Message+.  This is a problem for me. 

I am wondering if I can still get my text messages over wifi (internationally) if I just put my sim card back in my phone temporarily with wifi on but data turned off to receive a short code authorization text. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question, surftrish. Yes, you reinsert your SIM card temporarily to receive text messages with Wi-Fi turned on.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes