Will I have to pay roaming charges if people call me while I am in Mexico?
hcemc

I will be traveling to Mexico for 1 week and will not need to use the phone.  I only have voice plan on my phone.

1. Will I get charged for incoming calls if I leave my phone on but do not answer the calls?

2. Will there be roaming charges if I turn off the phone (people can still leave voice mail)? 

If yes to the questions above, do I need to suspend my phone for 1 week? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Roaming charges in Mexico
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hcemc, hope you enjoy your trip to Mexico. If your device is setup to only use voice and you receive a call that is routed to voicemail you will not be charged for the calling party leaving the message. However, as you are roaming on another network, should you initiate a call to your voicemail there would be call charges for your call to your voicemail box.

You get charged for any call you initiate or answer. If you do not answer you do not get charged. If you have it powered off you do not get charged. We have some great options if you would like to use your phone. Take a look at our Global options: http://vz.to/17KseUf .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hcemc, hope you enjoy your trip to Mexico. If your device is setup to only use voice and you receive a call that is routed to voicemail you will not be charged for the calling party leaving the message. However, as you are roaming on another network, should you initiate a call to your voicemail there would be call charges for your call to your voicemail box.

You get charged for any call you initiate or answer. If you do not answer you do not get charged. If you have it powered off you do not get charged. We have some great options if you would like to use your phone. Take a look at our Global options: http://vz.to/17KseUf .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hcemc

Thanks, Brian.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes