Will I Be Charged If I Use Wi-Fi In Mexico?
TVNEALS

I'm going to Cancun next week.  Is there an extra charge for making international calls to and from the U.S.?  Wifi is free at this hotel, will I be charged anythng extra for using their wifi?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service in Mexico
Weth
Legend

What phone do you have - some phones support wifi calling and this increases your options.

What plan are you on? If you are on new Verizon Plan with 12 GB or more of data, all roaming in Mexico is included - including calls back to the US and calling within Mexico. If you have the 12 GB or higher new Verizon Plan, you would just use your plan as you do in the US.

If you have another plan, you can get TravelPass or 30 day Travel Plan.

The TravelPass is $2 per day only on the days you use your phone. You just use your current plan on those days.

The 30 day Travel Plan costs $15 for 100 minutes of calls, 100 outgoing text messages (all incoming are free on this plan), and 100 MB of data.

Whenever you are on free hotel wifi, make sure you have your phone in airplane mode. You can turn on wifi after turning on airplane mode. As long as you are in airplane mode, you will get no charges from Verizon.

Let us know what phone you have to see if it supports wifi calling. IF it does, while in airplane mode and connected to free wifi in the hotel, you can call the US, receive any call, and send text messages anywhere for free - this is called wifi calling.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Service in Mexico
Weth
Legend

What phone do you have - some phones support wifi calling and this increases your options.

What plan are you on? If you are on new Verizon Plan with 12 GB or more of data, all roaming in Mexico is included - including calls back to the US and calling within Mexico. If you have the 12 GB or higher new Verizon Plan, you would just use your plan as you do in the US.

If you have another plan, you can get TravelPass or 30 day Travel Plan.

The TravelPass is $2 per day only on the days you use your phone. You just use your current plan on those days.

The 30 day Travel Plan costs $15 for 100 minutes of calls, 100 outgoing text messages (all incoming are free on this plan), and 100 MB of data.

Whenever you are on free hotel wifi, make sure you have your phone in airplane mode. You can turn on wifi after turning on airplane mode. As long as you are in airplane mode, you will get no charges from Verizon.

Let us know what phone you have to see if it supports wifi calling. IF it does, while in airplane mode and connected to free wifi in the hotel, you can call the US, receive any call, and send text messages anywhere for free - this is called wifi calling.

0 Likes