What Would Roaming Charges Be In Argentina?
MICMCQ12

I am going to be in Argentina for three weeks. What will the roaming charges be? How many hours can I stream data per week based on my current usage?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International usage
Weth
Legend

You have 3 options.

Add TravelPass to your line. This only kicks in when you use your phone in Argentina. The nice thing is you just use your current plan in Argentina. The cost is $10 per 24 hour period that you use your phone.

The second option is to add a 30 day international plan which gives you 100 minutes voice, 100 outgoing texts (incoming is free), and 100 MB of data.

Finally you can get a SIM locally and use local carriers. The downside is your phone number will be a Argentinian number while you are there. Then when you put your original SIM back in, you will be back on Verizon with your original US number.

I would not go without a plan. Roaming can rack up bills - data is $2000 per GB if you don't have a plan !!!!

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

You have 3 options.

Add TravelPass to your line. This only kicks in when you use your phone in Argentina. The nice thing is you just use your current plan in Argentina. The cost is $10 per 24 hour period that you use your phone.

The second option is to add a 30 day international plan which gives you 100 minutes voice, 100 outgoing texts (incoming is free), and 100 MB of data.

Finally you can get a SIM locally and use local carriers. The downside is your phone number will be a Argentinian number while you are there. Then when you put your original SIM back in, you will be back on Verizon with your original US number.

I would not go without a plan. Roaming can rack up bills - data is $2000 per GB if you don't have a plan !!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like you are visiting a very nice place, MICMCQ12. For the best international options please login to our Trip Planner tool at this link: vzw.com/TripPlanner

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes