WHY DOES VERIZON LIMIT US TO 0.5BG OF DAILY USAGE WHEN EVERY OTHER COMANY INCLUDING AT
SDQJOBS
Enthusiast - Level 2

If your domestic plan includes Stream Saver, it will apply to your international package or feature. See att.com/streamsaver for more details. For a list of IDP countries, go to att.com/globalcountries. Availability and quality of coverage and services while roaming are not guaranteed. Data overage: If you go over the amount of data in your qualified plan or other allowances during your bill period, overage charges, and/or data speed reduction of up to 128Kbps (2G speeds) apply in accordance with the terms of your domestic plan. If your data speed is slowed, all your data use, including audio and video streaming, picture and video messaging, and other types of data use will be impacted and may not work. For devices on an unlimited data plan, AT&T may slow speeds after 22GB of data use. See att.com/broadbandinfo for data speed details. Voice: For phones. International Day Pass allows you to use the calling features of your domestic plan within and between IDP countries and from IDP countries to the U.S. Calls and minutes of usage will be drawn from your domestic voice plan allowance. You may be charged for calls to special or premium service numbers. Calls to other countries: Calls from IDP countries to non-IDP countries will incur International Long Distance (ILD) charges. Per-minute pay-per-use rates apply unless you add an International Long Distance service package to the device making the calls. Rates subject to change without notice. To see what it costs, go to att.com/worldconnect. Unlimited text: Standard messaging for phones: Requires that your domestic plan includes texting. Includes an unlimited number of messages up to 1MB in size within and from an IDP country to more than 190 countries for text messages, and more than 120 countries for picture and video messages. We may add, change, and remove included countries at our discretion without notice. Messages sent through applications like iMessage or Hangouts may incur data or other charges. Details at att.com/text2world. Usage restrictions: If international voice, text, or data use exceeds 50% of total voice, text, or data usage for two consecutive months, the IDP feature may be removed. Service restrictions: Not available for wireless home phone services, connected vehicles, or connected devices. Pay-per-use international rates will apply. International use aboard cruise ships isn’t included. Canada and Mexico: You won’t be charged the $10 fee for International Day Pass in Canada or Mexico if you have a domestic plan or an international coverage option that includes usage in Canada or Mexico at no additional charge. AT&T Passport℠: For devices with an active International Day Pass and an AT&T Passport plan, International Day Pass charges will apply in IDP countries, even if you have AT&T Passport. Data, voice, and text from AT&T Passport can’t be used to avoid voice and data overage charges incurred in IDP countries.

0 Likes
3 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: WHY DOES VERIZON LIMIT US TO 0.5BG OF DAILY USAGE WHEN EVERY OTHER COMANY INCLUDING AT
SDQJOBS
Enthusiast - Level 2

HOW DOES VERIZON WIRELESS DOES NOT ALLOW US TO USE OUR DATA WHEN THE COMPETITORS HAS NO PROBLEM WITH IT?IM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS INTERNATIONAL PLAN "ABOVE UNLIMITED" ONLY ALLOW YOU TO USED .5GB LIKE SERIOUSLY WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO WITH 1/2 OF GB GO TO FACEBOOK ONCE AND GO TO SLEEP. I WENT TO BERMUDA AND IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING NOT TO BE ABLE TO USE MY PHONE SINCE VERIZON DOES NOT PROVIDE DATA WHILE IN THERE, YET IS CHARGING ME FOR IT? BEYOND RIDICULOUS.

View solution in original post

Re: WHY DOES VERIZON LIMIT US TO 0.5BG OF DAILY USAGE WHEN EVERY OTHER COMANY INCLUDING AT
SDQJOBS
Enthusiast - Level 2

It looks like you don’t understand what I explained above. 1/2 gb is not enough

Tags (1)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then perhaps you should purchase a prepaid SIM card from the local carrier of the country you are visiting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SDQJOBS
Enthusiast - Level 2

HOW DOES VERIZON WIRELESS DOES NOT ALLOW US TO USE OUR DATA WHEN THE COMPETITORS HAS NO PROBLEM WITH IT?IM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS INTERNATIONAL PLAN "ABOVE UNLIMITED" ONLY ALLOW YOU TO USED .5GB LIKE SERIOUSLY WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO WITH 1/2 OF GB GO TO FACEBOOK ONCE AND GO TO SLEEP. I WENT TO BERMUDA AND IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING NOT TO BE ABLE TO USE MY PHONE SINCE VERIZON DOES NOT PROVIDE DATA WHILE IN THERE, YET IS CHARGING ME FOR IT? BEYOND RIDICULOUS.

nicoleb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We certainly understand your need for data while you are traveling, SDQJOBS. With our plans that include Mexico and Canada and TravelPass, you can add more high-speed data. Number 7 in this link has the added details for you: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/travelpass-faqs/.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SDQJOBS
Enthusiast - Level 2

It looks like you don’t understand what I explained above. 1/2 gb is not enough

Tags (1)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then perhaps you should purchase a prepaid SIM card from the local carrier of the country you are visiting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes