Using my iPhone 7 Plus in England when traveling from US
carriedag

If I purchase a sim card in England when I get there, will my Verizon iPhone 7 plus work for data, text and calls? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using my iPhone 7 Plus in England when traveling from US
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Global & International Services | Verizon Wireless. Sometimes the short URLs don't work well from the community for some reason.

You can use Travel Pass or the monthly international plan on your trip. However if you are planning a long trip, you should certainly look at getting a prepaid SIM card from the local carrier. You will most likely save money using a local carrier over roaming with a Verizon SIM card. The iPhone is SIM unlocked and you will have the ability to use data and make calls and text messages with the local carrier SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

carriedag, Let's keep you connected everywhere you go. We have great options for your travel to England and beyond. This is a great way to get started. http://spr.ly/65808Ft86 Why are you looking at other options on your trip? While our phones are unlocked, the best functionality with your phone will be with our system. Does this help?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
carriedag

The link isn't working for me.  Can you resend?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Global & International Services | Verizon Wireless. Sometimes the short URLs don't work well from the community for some reason.

You can use Travel Pass or the monthly international plan on your trip. However if you are planning a long trip, you should certainly look at getting a prepaid SIM card from the local carrier. You will most likely save money using a local carrier over roaming with a Verizon SIM card. The iPhone is SIM unlocked and you will have the ability to use data and make calls and text messages with the local carrier SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Why are you looking at other options on your trip? While our phones are unlocked, the best functionality with your phone will be with our system. Does this help?

This is certainly a matter of opinion. Using TravelPass for $10/day is FAR MORE EXPENSIVE than purchasing a local SIM card in England. Not everyone can or wants to pay for that additional/unneeded expense. The "functionality" of an iPhone does not change depending on your carrier, it stays the SAME.

The reason people look into "other options on your trip" is because for a single month(30 days) of service, the daily TravelPass would add an ADDITIONAL $300 to someones monthly bill. When you can get the same service with a local SIM card for 10%-20% of that cost, people will choose the less expensive option. Simple economics.