Turning off TravelPass text notification
Hermey
Enthusiast - Level 1

A family member is in Europe and using TravelPass. I keep getting text messages at 4:00 a.m. saying travel pass has been activated. I know they can be turned off, but does anyone know how?

Labels (1)
Re: Turning off TravelPass text notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand how receiving TravelPass text notifications at 4:00 AM can be disturbing, and we want to help. We send TravelPass text notifications, so you're aware of any international charges associated with a line on your account traveling internationally. To better assist you, are you interested in turning off the TravelPass notifications completely, or during a specific time? What is the make and model of the device receiving TravelPass text notifications at 4:00 AM?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
platzap

I want to turn off TravelPass text notification completely from my phone 404-273-4174. My partner is in Europe and he can still get the notification at his number 404-309-7280 (since that is the phone using the travelpass)

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe if you answer the question asked by the agent, what make/model device do you have, someone could help.  You might be able to disable/remove the TravelPass option on your line for the duration of your trip. 

Are you saying you're not travelling internationally, whereas your partner is, and YOU'RE getting the text notifications on YOUR phone from his travels?  If your phone isn't travelling, it shouldn't be getting TravelPass notifications.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
platzap

my phone isnt traveling! its an iphone 8.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to turn off those text alerts as desired, platzap. I can definitely provide you with detail on how to do so. Since you are the Account Owner registered line, you would receive any notification alerts that impact your bill by default. You can edit the account alerts you receive in My Verizon here:  https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/accountholder/alerts/home.action##usageAlertsAnchor. Make sure you click on the plus sign to expand the section under "Manage my account alerts." Once there, make sure you're on the billing tab. Then, simply remove the checkmark from the Push notification (if applicable to your device) and Text message sections and click on "Save changes."

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes