Travel Pass with data roaming?
SALEEN

I am going on a cruise on Jan 21 and leaving Miami. We are purchasing the travel pass for my wife's phone for the week we are gone. We have the Unlimited plan which includes Mexico. We are traveling to Jamaica, and Grand Cayman as well. Every post I see on a cruise site, it says to turn off cellular or I would be charged by the cruise ship for using the ships service. How can she use her phone in these ports if the cellular is turned off? How could I use her phone without connecting to the ship? Do we turn off data roaming or does that need to be left on? I just don't want any surprises on my bill when we return? We have never been on a cruise or even left the country. Thanks for any replies.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Travel Pass with data roaming?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like an exciting trip, SALEEN! We don't want you to come home to any unexpected costs! Ann154 had a great suggestion for keeping your phone in airplane mode. Airplane mode works well if you don't plan to use your phone for calls, text, or data on your trip. It will still let you keep your phone on so you can take pictures and connect to wifi. While TravelPass is a great option for Jamaica and the Cayman Islands, any usage on the ship is billed per minute or text. For full pricing and plan details, click here: http://spr.ly/6589D19bZ.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Airplane Mode is your friend.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like an exciting trip, SALEEN! We don't want you to come home to any unexpected costs! Ann154 had a great suggestion for keeping your phone in airplane mode. Airplane mode works well if you don't plan to use your phone for calls, text, or data on your trip. It will still let you keep your phone on so you can take pictures and connect to wifi. While TravelPass is a great option for Jamaica and the Cayman Islands, any usage on the ship is billed per minute or text. For full pricing and plan details, click here: http://spr.ly/6589D19bZ.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes