Travel Pass was a waste of $$$
Ireland-traveler

I used Travel Pass on a recent trip to Ireland. After 2 days of none of my messages going through, I switched to airplane mode and used WiFi which was available in many restaurants and all hotels. My advice is to save your money. Of course, I was charged $10 a day even though the service did not work. Lesson learned.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Travel Pass was a waste of $$$
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe your messages did not go through because you probably had roaming turned off on your phone.

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

@Ireland-traveler wrote:

I used Travel Pass on a recent trip to Ireland. After 2 days of none of my messages going through, I switched to airplane mode and used WiFi which was available in many restaurants and all hotels. My advice is to save your money. Of course, I was charged $10 a day even though the service did not work. Lesson learned.

Since travel pass only works on days you use data, talk or send a text, if you got charged, it DID work, just not as it does at home where your phone and coverage are compatible.  Roaming is always dependent on your phone being compatible with local service, and there being sufficient coverage.  

If you look at what is actually billed and multiply by the pay per use price, you might find you broke even.  

That said, I go without and control my phone (not everyone know how) I turn data roaming off and dismiss calls and only text or message over Wifi.  I’ve never run up more than $27

0 Likes
djk44

If that is the case why should I be billed for it?

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

@djk44 wrote:

If that is the case why should I be billed for it?

Because you used the service based on the agreement that you had with Verizon that said that if you use talk, text or data on any given day that you will pay $10 plus taxes for that day.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/travelpass-faqs/ 

Did you ever read you usage report to see how you incurred roaming charges?  

Dont use your phone, turn off data or roaming data, and you dont get charged.

0 Likes