Text messages on a cruise
cpldjski

We are taking a cruise to the Mexican Rivera over Christmas. I know Mexico is included in my plan, but will I be charged if my family texts each other during the cruise or while on shore in Mexico?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messages on a cruise
deloused
Master - Level 3

If using the cruise shup's tower there would be a charge for each text message used. They tend to vary between .05-.50 cents, depending on the cruise line and ship.

You can view the costs for the ship you'll be traveling on and device compatibility by using the trip planner link-

International Trip Planner | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

If using the cruise shup's tower there would be a charge for each text message used. They tend to vary between .05-.50 cents, depending on the cruise line and ship.

You can view the costs for the ship you'll be traveling on and device compatibility by using the trip planner link-

International Trip Planner | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hope you have a great trip and holiday, cpldjski. Mexico is included with select plans and you will not be billed any additional charges. Using your phone on a cruise ship is not covered by your plan. On the cruise ship you will be billed under pay as you go rates. Calls will bill at $2.99 per minute and text messaging will bill at $0.50 to send and $0.05 to receive. You can learn more about international rates here, http://spr.ly/6589DHttZ.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes