Should I have been charged for data usage in Canada?
RICRUG92

I was under the impression that with my "Go Unlimited" Verizon plan, I could use data in Canada or Mexico at no additional charge. However, on a trip to Canada over President's Day weekend I was notified of having racked up over $50 in charges for international data. I immediately turned off my phone for the remainder of the trip and did notice the data charges on my billing cycle. I thought Canada data roaming was included in my plan.. has anyone else been charged? Did I miss something?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Should I have been charged for data usage in Canada?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ricrug92-

I know I would also be as concerned if I was billed for international usage. Our Go Unlimited plan includes calling to/from Mexico and Canada http://vz.to/2wpJGOU

Please respond to my private message to further assist with your account.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The description of the gounlimited plan says that Canada is included and that a 4G World Device is required. Outside of that, it is possible that there are some areas in Canada that Verizon Wireless might still treat as roaming.

0 Likes
RICRUG92

Well, I do have the Apple iPhone X. Isn’t that a world device?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ricrug92-

I know I would also be as concerned if I was billed for international usage. Our Go Unlimited plan includes calling to/from Mexico and Canada http://vz.to/2wpJGOU

Please respond to my private message to further assist with your account.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes