Settings for minimal voice and data, but use SMS
bueller556

I'm traveling to Japan and see the different international travel choices ($10/day and $40/month). My question is which plan do I opt for to ensure that I can use SMS text messaging, but the major question is what settings on my iPhone should I change to minimize any international charges for voice and data?  I'll have access to a Japan pocket wifi device for data and I receive very few calls.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Settings for minimal voice and data, but use SMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are great questions. I am sure you will enjoy your trip to Japan. With regards to the plan options this would depend on your usage. If you are only using your device for text is this the only form of communication you will be using? What kind of iPhone do you have?

0 Likes
Re: Settings for minimal voice and data, but use SMS
bueller556

I have an iPhone 6s.  I signed up for the International Travel 100 Talk, Text & Data plan for one month, but the 100 MB of data doesn't go very far.  What I plan to do is to disable apps from using cell data in my Settings and the allowance for voice should suffice.  Hopefully I'll be able to find adequate wifi throughout the trip. 

0 Likes