PrePaid iPhone XS TravelPass in Japan
daveatc1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have a prepaid plan on my iPhone XS. I will be traveling to Japan next month, and I am unclear whether or not I can use TravelPass while I am there to make/receive calls and texts. I have found conflicting information on the Verizon pages. Some say there is no service provided there, while other pages say there is service available at $10/day. Can someone officially clarify for me?

THANK YOU!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: PrePaid iPhone XS TravelPass in Japan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

daveatc1234, we understand just how important it is to be familiar with your international plan options. We'll be glad to shed some light on your concerns right away! To answer your question, Travel Pass is a postpaid service only. However, we would recommend that you reach out to our Prepaid Team for review of your international options. The Prepaid Team can be reached at 888-294-6804, Sun-Sat 6:00AM - 11:00PM ET. We hope this information helps!

LauraF_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I’m confused, because this clearly indicates Travel pass for prepaid?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/prepaid-travelpass-faqs/

daveatc1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to answer my question, but now, as the other member here has noted, I’m a bit more confused. I travel a lot to Canada and Mexico with this phone, and I have used travelpass in both those locations. In fact, when I go into my account on Verizon, you can see it:

74979462-9384-425A-9E8D-843D0F377030.png

So when I click on that “international coverage map” link, japan is not listed. However, when I go to travelpass coverage on other pages, it IS listed. Hence my confusion. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It seems Travel pass is available, but as you noted Japan isn’t included.  

My son found Wifi available almost everywhere in Japan and didn’t need cellular.  

Alternate is a local SIM card.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mama23dogs, we apologize for any information, as we always want our customers to be set up for success when traveling internationally. Yes, our Prepaid customers do have the option of using TravelPass as an international plan. They can see this with the link you provided here: http://spr.ly/6605Ep9X9, as well as the destinations available/dialing instructions: http://spr.ly/6606Ep9Xi. TravelPass can be added through My Verizon or by calling our Prepaid Team at *611 or 888-294-6804, Sun-Sat 6:00AM - 11:00PM ET. 

EricaG_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
daveatc1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, to FINALLY clarify this, Erica. The original question. YES, Prepaid users CAN use PrePass, but NO PrePass is not available in Japan for prepaid customers. IS THAT CORRECT?

THANK YOU! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

daveatc1234, we are here to ensure you have all the information that you need. Yes, that is correct. TravelPass is available to prepaid customers, but the list of available countries is different compared to postpaid customers. Regrettably, Japan is not available for prepaid TravelPass. We hope this information is beneficial. 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes