International Mobile to Mobile on the Same Plan.
jenlee1

I have an international plan set up on one of my lines as that individual will be traveling outside of the US (Germandy) for an extended period of time.  Do I need to set up plans on the remaining lines so that I can talk and text to the individual from the US without being charged for each minute/message.  I see Verizon offers plans for $15 a line which seems reasonable, just want to make sure I actually need them before adding them to my account.  If it makes a difference, I have the New Verizon Plan Large.  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International Mobile to Mobile on the Same Plan.
rcschnoor
Legend

You do not need international plans for devices remaining in the US. While in the US, calling a US number from your US line regardless of where the other line is at the time, does not result in an international call charge for the line located within the US.

0 Likes
jenlee1

For example:  I will still be in the US but I would be talking/texting to one of the mobile lines on my plan that will be in Germany.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These are very good questions, jenlee1. Are the other lines traveling as well? The only lines that will need a plan are the lines traveling, you should have no issue contacting the other line. CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
jenlee1

Other than the line traveling to Germany, the remaining lines will be in the US.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure you know what to expect with your billing, jenlee! As rcschnoor mentioned, your lines here in the U.S. can call or text the other line on your account without incurring any additional fees, as long as the user in Germany is still using their U.S. number. Is your user that is going to Germany going to need a Verizon international plan? Do you know if they will be using a SIM card from a local German carrier instead?

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes