Re: St Thomas, St John USVI
mtony

I just got back from St John and between my wife and I have over $70 in international pass charges that your rep does not want to remove from my bill. WHAT GIVES????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mtony,

Coming home to extra charges is never fun. I hope that other than this you had a wonderful trip. I want to make sure we figure this out together and you know where everything is coming from. I have sent you a private message. Please reply when you're able to so we can look into this for you.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Can I Use My Device In St Thomas And St John?
EAEMNCT
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you change the settings?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Depends on the phone 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello EAEMNCT,

Being able to use your service while travelling out of the country is always important. What specific settings were you looking to change?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@EAEMNCT wrote:

How do you change the settings?

Current smart phones have a setting that does not allow your phone to use data roaming. You will have to make sure that your phone has not connected to a foreign tower by looking at the notification bar before you used to talk or text. 

Unless you are at the far east end and very close to the British virgin islands there is very little chance you will connect to a non-US tower 

0 Likes
HJJones
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have friends that live in the USVI, both St Thomas and St John... so we visit frequently. Our phone barely have service and we always have charges after the trip. Friends that live there say there is no Verizon tower, that’s why you get charged because your phone ends up using a BVI tower if you are able to connect... 

Looking for some clarification on this statement. Is there a way to use your Verizon phone and no have extra charges? All of our friends that live there use AT&T.

mama23dogs
Legend

@HJJones wrote:

We have friends that live in the USVI, both St Thomas and St John... so we visit frequently. Our phone barely have service and we always have charges after the trip. Friends that live there say there is no Verizon tower, that’s why you get charged because your phone ends up using a BVI tower if you are able to connect... 

Looking for some clarification on this statement. Is there a way to use your Verizon phone and no have extra charges? All of our friends that live there use AT&T.

AT&T is selling all Caribbean to Liberty.  Puerto Rico and virgin island.  So that's going to close as an option

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HJJones, it sounds like you are able to take advantage of some amazing trips. We do want to ensure that you have all of the information needed for your travels. You mentioned that the phones barely have service, are you able to place calls, send text, or use data? When you experience charges, which service are the charges for? Are you in St. John when this happens, as this is closer to the British Virgin Islands? What make and model phones do you have?  LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes