With the Lollipop update Verizon Messenger will not launch. The app opens and it immediately closes making it impossible to key in a text. Help.
Mimirisa
Enthusiast - Level 2

My HTC One M8 was updated to Lollipop and now I am unable to use the Verizon Messenger app. It will not launch at all.  The app tries to open just to close immediately and it give me a black screen. Help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: With the Lollipop update Verizon Messenger will not launch. The app opens and it immediately closes making it impossible to key in a text. Help.
RandomWalk

I have the exactly the same problem, i.e. messenger crashes the moment I try to type a message.

Other apps show weird behaviors too. This problem started on 4/24, Friday evening, after upgrades on a few things. But I think my phone got lollipop upgraded on an earlier date. anyhow, really terrible. the phone just doesn't work well, even after I tried to uninstall all upgrades to messenger itself. desperately need a fix or workaround

0 Likes
Re: With the Lollipop update Verizon Messenger will not launch. The app opens and it immediately closes making it impossible to key in a text. Help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mimirisa, let's fix that issue immediately. Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the software update?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Mimirisa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I did power the phone on and off.

Last evening, I believe I fixed it.  I went in to the app manager and uninstalled the updates and reinstalled the app.  It is working fine as of today.

Thank you.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes