Why does Message+ icon show unread texts after I have read them all?
jadutch
Enthusiast - Level 1

This started happening after the latest software upgrade.  After reading all texts, the Message+  icon continues to show a number as if I have unread texts. Restarting my phone seems to clear it temporarily, until the next text comes and is read. How can I clear this permanently to only show when I actually have UNREAD texts?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ icon doesn't clear after reading all texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having an notification that will not go away is no fun, jadutch. Let's keep working at this Let's reset that application, here's how http://vz.to/1RmTZZI Let me know if that helps.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help. Are you using any 3rd party messaging applications that could be causing the issue? Have you tried deleting your cache and cookies from your device?
RobertH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jadutch
Enthusiast - Level 1

No I am not using any 3rd party messaging application.

How do I delete my cache and cookies from my phone (HTC One M8)?

Judy

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get all of your important messages. Before we get started, please switch messaging applications to the stock messaging application that came with the device. Let me know if it happens using this app as well so I know how to proceed.

NicholeKK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jadutch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I restarted my phone, which cleared the new text msg indicator from Message. Then I switched my default text App back to Messages. After receiving and reading texts, still no indicator on Message.

However, once I switched the default back to Message+ which I prefer to use, the problem resurfaced. So how do I clean the cache and cookies to see if that fixes my problem?

Judy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having an notification that will not go away is no fun, jadutch. Let's keep working at this Let's reset that application, here's how http://vz.to/1RmTZZI Let me know if that helps.

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

jadutch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! Following these steps finally resolved my problem!

Judy

0 Likes
Zekthedeadcow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to add that stopping and restarting the messenger+ app repaired some of the notifications but the remaining notifications appeared after restarting the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to fully resolve your concern, Zekthedeadcow. Next, please uninstall the Message+ app http://spr.ly/66081cLrr then reinstall it http://spr.ly/66091cLrT. Please keep us posted.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes