Why can't I reply to emails?
Clathem
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an HTC one 8. A couple of days ago, when ever I reply to an email, I get "Unfortunately mail has stopped."

I can receive, forward, compose, but not reply or reply all. This is in the native/stock client. It has worked fine for almost two years then now this.

I have cleared the cache and data. Re-entered/re-created the accounts. Checked for updates and rebooted. None of these have solved the problem.

I am really not looking forward to a factory reset. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't reply to emails
Jkitty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fixed my mail issue with uninstalling the update to Android System WebView. The mail works now.

View solution in original post

Clathem
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, doesn't matter if WiFi or data. Accounts function normally from a PC.

One account is hosted on a Cox server and another on a private company server.  Both have issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get this working for you! Have you already attempted removing and adding the email from the device? Are any other mobile users for the company experiecing similar issues? 
TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Clathem
Enthusiast - Level 3

I removed (deleted) all account info by clearing cache and data from system app manager and reinstalled.  No one else is experiencing these problems.

I downloaded another email client from the Google play store, and everything works okay.  It is only with the native/stock client that there are issues.  I also noticed two other threads from other users that they have similar problems that have only started recently.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Clathem Thanks for all the details that really helps us narrow this down. Let's keep working on this...

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Clathem
Enthusiast - Level 3

No real changes.  Last firmware update was in September.  No new Apps other than an Edward Jones App.  Got rid of a KC Chiefs App because it continually glitched.  Haven't tried safe mode.

Now that I think about it, a day or so the problem, the client re-downloaded everything off the email server for the past thirty days even though it had already previously loaded these emails.  Also under sync, it appears that Google is not sincing correctly.

Thanks

0 Likes
Jkitty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same thing happening here with an HTC One. Can't reply to email and it started after several apps were updated on my phone this morning . Mainly Google apps and one Verizon cloud app. Cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled apps, rebooted, nothing helped.

0 Likes
Jkitty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fixed my mail issue with uninstalling the update to Android System WebView. The mail works now.

Clathem
Enthusiast - Level 3

BRILLIANT.  Worked for me too.  Good jab and thanks!

Jkitty
Enthusiast - Level 2

🙂 Glad it helped you too!

0 Likes