Voicemail indication not working on htc one m8
J_STRAM

After the March 3rd voicemail update my HTC one m8 has not gotten any notifications of voice mails.

There was no setup whe I tried to get my messages. It just asked for a PIN number I didn't have. I went through the crazy routine brought *611 to change my voicemail PIN. my old greeting and messages were still there.

Now I'm not getting voicemail notifications any more.

Older suggestions were were to go to voicemail and select 4 for options and turn on notifications, but with the new voicemail upgrade they did on 3-3-17, that option doesn't exist.

I DON'T HAVE VISUAL VOICEMAIL, so please don't make recommendations for how to fix it through that. Never needed it before, don't want it now.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail indication not working on htc one m8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J_STRAM, we know the importance in being notified of your voicemail messages. The new software update does not support notifications for the basic voicemail platform. In order to receive notifications for basic voicemails, then you must pin the phone application/icon to your home screen.

TrinetteW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J-STRAM -

Having reliable notifications for your voice mail is very important and I want to work with you on fixing this. I have sent you a private message. Please reach back to me there so I can further assist you.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J_STRAM, we know the importance in being notified of your voicemail messages. The new software update does not support notifications for the basic voicemail platform. In order to receive notifications for basic voicemails, then you must pin the phone application/icon to your home screen.

TrinetteW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
J_STRAM

TrinetteW_VZW,

So, having the phone icon in the dock is no longer going to work??? Is that what you are saying???

I can't see how that would have any effect on the operation of notifications. So your "New Software" is trying to force me into getting a new phone or visual voicemail???? That's what you are actually saying right? Nobody at your stores are aware of this, they claim it is a problem with my phone and shipped me a new one. So the one coming tomorrow won't work with out pulling the phone icon out of the dock and moving it to the home screen? Or do I need VVM? Or do I just need a new provider???trinettew_vzw

0 Likes
J_STRAM

trinettew_vzw

"then you must pin the phone application/icon to your home screen."

Maybe what you mean and what I understood are two different things, but taking the phone ICON out of the launch bar dock and putting it on the home screen had NO EFFECT!

0 Likes
J_STRAM

vzw_customer_support

So, no new answers, hmm.

I got a new phone, they got it going at the store (I could've done the setup myself but they were adamant that I bring it in). Guess what, no voicemail notifications! Surprise, surprise. So I guess with the "New Software" Verizon is basically saying that people with basic voicemail aren't deserving of notifications???? After all, why wouldn't you want to use the VVM app that has more one star reviews on google play than it has any other reviews?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@J_STRAM

It's important that you're able to review your voicemail messages as soon as the message is received. Let's take a closer look into this voicemail notification issue for you.

You can use the "free" Basic Visual Voicemail service on your device: http://vz.to/2pIqlrW. Please let me know how the Visual Voicemail application works for you and if you receive your voicemail notifications using this application.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J_STRAM, no one enjoys when the features we rely on the most change when the software updates. Regardless of carrier this is a design of the manufacture with the latest software. We want to keep you in the Verizon family. The visual voicemail is an option not a mandatory feature.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes