Verizon messaging - Duplicate texts
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

I am receiving duplicate texts again. What causes this?

this is on my HTC one m8 phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon messaging - Duplicate texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your messaging is working the way it should gmopro1. Let's work together to get this resolved. When did this issue begin? Are the duplicate messages coming from a specific contact or are they coming from everyone who sends you messages?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Issue began 6 or 7 months ago. then i think it stopped for a while. Now it is back again. Seems to happen from almost everyone i text. Gets annoying. Anyway to fix this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmopro1,

We appreciate the response. To be sure, are you using the Verizon Message+ application or the stock application that came with the device? Does it occur with every message or happen at specific times and locations?

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

I also use Verizon Messages +.  I also occasionally get duplicate texts.  I think it has to do with the connection you are using at the time.  The Verizon messages works on wifi and cellular networks.  A wonderful thing!  However, when the wifi signal is weak or inconsistent the app will then use the cellular network, and sometimes the messages are hung up somewhere and then come thru later.  A good test is to shut off wifi and only use cellular to see if it stops.

Just something that is annoying but appreciate the wifi capability of the app.

0 Likes
MIKEYLD

I have an Iphone 6 that does this very thing. Happens occasionally but very annoying when it does. From my experience seems to happen more with other Verizon users. Any ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MIKEYLD,

I'm so sorry to learn that you're having issues with duplicate messages coming in. I'd love to help. I've sent you a Direct Message, which will come in the form of an email. I'm happy to look into this further for you.

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BEROPI55

I also have installed Verizon Message+.  I have a Samsung S8 phone.  I recently purchased my phone.  I have tried to "block" the default stock Android app (Messages), since it wont allow me to disable it.  Every message I receive from someone else is duplicated within Verizon Message+.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there! Please disable all notifications from your default application to prevent the duplicated messages.

TylerK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Lchoram

It just started for me today, and it is in group texts, everything coming through is duplicate. 

0 Likes