Total Recall app is useless after Lollipop update
FrustratedNEOhio
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just after buying the HTC One M8, I bought a call recorder app called "Total Recall" from the Play Store for myself and my husband. It was pricey as apps go ($10.00 each) and it records both sides of a phone conversation (which is not illegal).   It performed flawlessly until the Lollipop update.

After the OS update, the only voice that is audible is mine or my husband's.  The person we are speaking to on the other end of the line is completely inaudible even at top volume playback.  I contacted the developers, Killer Mobile Software, regarding a fix and they tried everything they could think of.  The end result, according to them today, is that the Verizon version of Lollipop is the culprit, and that there IS no fix they can do. They mentioned something about rooting the phone, but I'm not willing to do that as I don't know what's involved.  

My husband and I paid $10.00 EACH for this app, and he uses it constantly as he is hard of hearing; this way he can play calls back for me to hear and interpret for him.  It is a huge help in his (and my) life, and I'm sure we're not the only ones.

How can this issue be resolved?

thank you,

Mary Lou

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Total Recall app is useless after Lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi FrustratedNEOhio,

Software updates should improve the device! We know how important it is for your applications to work properly. My apologies, we have no access to a third-party developer's software for an application. Most application developers updated the application to work with each carriers software updates. You would need to reach out the developer again for additional options or a refund of the application if the application is no longer supported.

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: Total Recall app is useless after Lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi FrustratedNEOhio,

Software updates should improve the device! We know how important it is for your applications to work properly. My apologies, we have no access to a third-party developer's software for an application. Most application developers updated the application to work with each carriers software updates. You would need to reach out the developer again for additional options or a refund of the application if the application is no longer supported.

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!