Recent update bricks email
stevessag12

The recent one of two updates Verizon is pushing out bricks my email. Uninstalling fixed the issue. However I am now in constantly bugged to allow an install of a update that is k own to break my phone.. I don't want to install this upgrade or upgrade to the android op system . Help

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Recent update bricks email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stevessag12, having your email functioning is a must on smartphones. I understand your concern with doing the update. We recommend always being on the latest software version to ensure your phone is working as it should. What problems do you have with your email? Does it no open at all? Are you getting errors when sending or receiving?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
stevessag12

Hi

Let me be more specific regarding the failure, I could receive and view emails on all my accounts, however when I went to send, the phone said that feature wasn’t available. Needless to say it happened at a very bad time. The last thing the phone downloaded/Auto updated was a “web(something)” . Uninstalling that update fixed the phone.

Since this happened after I allowed the phone to do the first update to Marshmallow, I assumed the issue to be the update. It may have actually been an HTC app update, since I investigated the operating system update history, and the two attempted both failed. Also the emails I attempted to send while I was having the problem are stuck in the outgoing mail box.

Steve

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steve,

Thanks so much for getting back to us on this. Let's see what we can find out about this. I did some research on the web service you were mentioning and found that many manufacturers are working on fixes issues that can come from the service. HTC has indicated that if you are having the problem with the email not working with current versions of Android and HTC Mail, you will want to uninstall updates for "Android System Web Use" in your settings, as it can cause crashes of their email service at this time. You'll also need to turn off automatic updates.

Since you've already done this, you are currently operating using their recommended methodology until they patch the issue. I would recommend checking back from time to time on this issue, to see if your device will work with all updates done and updates turned on.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes