Re: Marshmallow Update for HTC One M8 and HTC apps wanting updates
crazygravy

I can confirm that mine is updating now as well after clicking update all again. Wondering if HTC's servers weren't just busy.

Bob

0 Likes
crazygravy

Oops I take that back; 3 updated HTC Speak HTC Mail, and HTC Service; the rest errored out

0 Likes
crazygravy

Clicked update all a second time and the rest updated

0 Likes
acraigl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine seem to be updating now as well. And the updated mail app seems to have fixed the incompatibility with Android Webview. I allowed it to update and it seems to work without issue.

0 Likes
rldawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

All HTC apps (and Google Photos) have updated successfully.  Crisis averted!

My battery has gone down 13% in 1.5 hours.  But that's another issue entirely. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
JediLoki
Enthusiast - Level 3

As with others, I have been able to update now as well, after doing another soft reboot of the phone this morning.   It was not updating until I did that.

Too bad that didn't fix it yesterday when I tried it a couple dozen times along with resetting Play Store cache, uninstalling Play Store updates, removing my gmail account, ......

0 Likes
JediLoki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep, same acraigl, this has resolved the issue with Android System Web View for me as well.

Nice to have a fully updated phone that works again

0 Likes
mlamx1634
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last night I factory defaulted my M8 and still had the issue with installing the HTC apps. I tried again this morning to load the apps and some installed and some gave me the error. I then load the apps that failed one at a time and got them installed, but did have the error on a few of the apps, but just try installing them again and it worked. I think the server was overloaded. Good luck to those who still have the issue.

0 Likes
Stbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

All HTC apps downloaded and Android System Web View fixed, BUT still cannot access Recovery mode.  When I try, I get a red error symbol and the phone eventually reboots. 

Anyone else having the same problem?

0 Likes
acraigl
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Stbo, while the red symbol is on screen, press both volume buttons at the same time. It should put you into recovery mode.

0 Likes