How to access Do Not Disturb on Marshmallow for HTC M8? I only see the old one not the new nice Marshmallow DND.
dan-england

My HTC M8 was updated to Marshmallow and I was excited because my wife has a nexus device and loves the DND feature built in.  But when I tried it on my M8 it wasn't using Marshmallows DND feature.  How do I make it so I can use it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to access Do Not Disturb on Marshmallow for HTC M8? I only see the old one not the new nice Marshmallow DND.
bearone21
Legend

perhaps it's in a different location, 6.0 changed many presentations, turned items off, some turned on.....explore a little.

0 Likes
Re: How to access Do Not Disturb on Marshmallow for HTC M8?  I only see the old one not the new nice Marshmallow DND.
dan-england

I tried removing DND from the quick settings then adding it back in.  Mine certainly doesn't look like this:

http://cdn2.alphr.com/sites/alphr/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/2015/08/android_m_do_no...

It looks exactly like it did before the Marshmallow update.  It is almost like they removed the marshmallow DND in favor of their own terrible version of it.  Which I have to say can they claim to be running marshmallow if they remove the features of the OS?

0 Likes
Re: How to access Do Not Disturb on Marshmallow for HTC M8? I only see the old one not the new nice Marshmallow DND.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe HTC didn't include that portion of the stock Android OS in favor of their customized Sense UI.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

as i mentioned above, could be found in a new location or a new folder/sub folder,or eliminated, look different as you knew it.

it changed considerably on my note5 & had been turned off with 6.0.1

0 Likes
Casieeisac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love this feature on my HTC One M8. It was much easier to use & find, in my opinion, before the Marshmallow update. This is how to find it:

If you go into Settings, then Sound & Notifications, the last option under the general category should be Do Not Disturb. Click that, and the various options for DND will be there. I always use the "schedule" setting, which is all the way at the bottom. From the DND menu section, you can set up different modes for it as well as exceptions and whatnot. So far, that's all I know. Once you find it, you'll probably just need to fool around with the different options until you figure out what works best for you.

Hope this helps!