How do I create custom notification sounds?
supergirljm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unlike other androids, i can't seem to find how to use either music or downloaded tones, for message notification tones. The M8 only had a few, not to mention, lost, boring tones.  Is there a way to choose or add (like with the plus sign in the ringers alarms, etc), different sound or tones for message tones?? This is a serious disappointment for such an advanced phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: message notification sounds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I like having a custom selection of notification and ring tones too, supergirljm. There are third party applications through Google's Play Store https://play.google.com/store that will allow you to save your music or tones as a notification sound instead of just a music phone or ringtone. You can search the store using keywords, like tone maker for example, to find an app that will fit your needs. Since they aren't created by Verizon Wireless directly, there isn't a particular one we can recommend.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I like having a custom selection of notification and ring tones too, supergirljm. There are third party applications through Google's Play Store https://play.google.com/store that will allow you to save your music or tones as a notification sound instead of just a music phone or ringtone. You can search the store using keywords, like tone maker for example, to find an app that will fit your needs. Since they aren't created by Verizon Wireless directly, there isn't a particular one we can recommend.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

supergirljm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Custom Message tones need to be saved in the Notifications folder on your phone in order for the phone to recognize the custom tones as available options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

supergirljm
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you do that on the HTC m8? I tried the apps, but none of them that I could find allowed me to use either downloaded music or tones for message tones

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Generally I usually plug my phone to a computer via the USB cable and drag and drop the custom tone I created originally for my DROID Eris into the notifications folder on the internal memory space of the phone. More detailed steps are covered in several old threads on this community forum. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes