HTC 10 Evo Can't Send or Receive MMS
twisted4000

So for a few years I've been with Verizon and used an HTC One M9. Just recently I switched over to an unlocked (or, claimed to be unlocked) HTC 10 Evo. I put the SIM card in there and got everything set and synced up, everything was fine. I'm able to send and receive texts and calls and am able to use Google Maps in the car, but when people try to send me pictures through texts or if I try to, I get an error.

Upon further inspection, throughout the week I had this phone, I went into the Data Usage settings and found out that I haven't used any data whatsoever. What's even more strange is that when I go into the 4G settings, it says my Network Provider is Sprint. I tried doing a soft reset, re-inserting the SIM card, resetting the network settings, but no luck yet.

I tried registering this new phone on Verizon's website, as it still believes my device is the HTC One M9, but when I enter the the IEMI or MEID of the HT 10 Evo, I get the error:

"The device ID provided is not valid. Please re enter the device ID."

I'm really stumped as to what is going on. At this point I'm assuming this was not an unlocked phone and is locked to Sprint, but then I didn't get any errors or warning when setting up my old Verizon SIM card in it. Any ideas? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 10 Evo Can't Send or Receive MMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This would have me questioning things as well considering you were using the phone for a while. However, the HTC 10 Evo is not a device that we support. While you may be able to activate it on our network, we won't have any resources about the phone or how to troubleshoot it. Since the device is saying Sprint when you look at your network carrier, we recommend reaching out to them to see what is happening on their end. I hope you are able to get some answers from them!

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes