Re: Blank text from my OWN phone number
ARIBRA36
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has this happened again to you? It happens quite often to me and I have yet to find out why. If my phone is sending & receiving blank texts to itself, what else is it doing without my consent? Creepy! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that all of your text messages work properly. We're not showing there is a known issue with blank text messages. Which text message application are you using? How often does this occur?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Summrrtime

Same problem. Blank text from "me", phone number is my full number. Happened today 1/22/2018 at 9:02pm. Everything on phone (Lg V30) has worked just fine since I got it in October. No recently installed apps, no recent or pending updates. I also use message +, havent signed up for any apps that ask for phone number. This is the first time it happened, havent factory reset my phone ever. No recent downloads of apps.  Can you determine where this message originated? Should I be worried that others in my contact list are receiving blank texts from me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Summrrtime,

We know how important it is to ensure your device is working properly. Was it just the one time that you received a blank text? What message app have you been using?

ChristineJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARIBRA36
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Moto play z and use message+ app. This happens once every few days. It comes at random. I have deleted everything and restarted, am equipped with all updates. Honestly it's not the only problem I have with this messaging app. Someone in the tech side needs to fix all the bugs. Srsly Verizon, get it together.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the extra details, ARIBRA36. I would be just as concerned about these odd and random blank messages too. Can you try using the Moto default Messaging app for a day, to see if this happens with that app as well? 

Please keep us posted. 

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Dougherty71

This has happened 4 separate times on my moto z droid. It has been happening since May, it's now July. I just need to know if it is a glitch in the app, or if someone is trying to send me a message and I'm not getting it because the app is messing up and not getting it to me. Being that this thread was started almost a year ago, I was hoping to find an answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Messaging concerns are not what we want for you. Allow us to troubleshoot. To clarify, what messaging app are you using (default, Message+, etc...)? What changes (uploads, downloads, etc...) have you made to your device prior to this issue? 

Corey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Blackrosefencer

Did anyone get an answer about this? This happened to me twice. I got a text message from "Me." The one time I wasn't even touching my phone and I got a text from myself. The other time I was just scrolling through my news feed on fb. Both messages said nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand how concerning it can be to receive messages from yourself. When exactly did this first start happening? What messaging app are you using? 

EllisandraC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes