text message display error
Rina0515

these days I found I keep receiving messages that are unreadable from my friends. i checked with them, and they actually sent normal message, whether in english or chinese. but when i received, they became like  "i?O`n?Esyjk,.udj!hj%nkl", "nc:ys^". It used to happened once or twice a day, but now becomes more frequently. I don't know what happen? any setting wrong or virus?

0 Likes
Re: text message display error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Rina0515! That's pretty bizarre. Do the messages include any photos or images. Are there particular contacts that this happens with? Do you know if they have a signature attached to their messages? Please provide me with little more information.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rina0515

No, it doesn't come with any attaching, picture or video. It always happens when my friends text me in Chinese, mostly it happens more than 10 times a day now, and I have to ask my friends send again. Not just one particular contact shows this problem, whether my friends text me in Chinese, it happens. Sometimes the second time sending will display correctly, but sometimes it still shows unreadable, like " b T [ew aoNa?" "uAe?waw@"

0 Likes
Rina0515

And I had tried to reset my phone yesterday, but it doesn't help too.

0 Likes
fzshot

It happends to me as well. I have test it that it cannot display correctly if the sms are sent from a ATT or a Sprint number, T-mobile works fine. Just few days ago, the sms became unreadable. I am using a Blackberry 9850.

0 Likes
Rina0515

Not a good news. sad to hear that.

Mine is getting worse now..  almost 80% massage with Chinese characters cannot display correctly. I had called HTC this morning, and after they tried to fix, they told me it maybe phone carrier's problem. which means it should have problem with phone companies. but not sure the problem is from the sender or receiver.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to receive all those important messages fzshot! Do your messages contain special characters or a signature? If so, it may prevent the delivery. Additionally, it sounds like it may be carrier specific if you have no difficulties receiving messages from Verizon Wireless and T Mobile users. How long have you been having difficulties? What type of messaging app are you using? Have the senders completed any troubleshooting with their respective carriers?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
weier_36

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I factoried my settings several times but it didn't work. I went to Verizon Wireless and even Motorola Warranty Center. I called tech support. They couldn't help. My friend who is also a Verizon customer has the same problem too. So I think it's Verizon or other carrier's problems. Could you please fix it as soon as possible? Right after I factoried all the data and before I backup all my information back, I received my friend's sms in scrambled leeters and symbols.

0 Likes
Rina0515

Hi,

I have had this problem more than 3 months, and it happened more and more frequently. Now almost 80% messages with Chinese characters can't display correctly. I have to talk with my friends in English. when I sent Chinese to them, they can receive correctly, but after they sent back, it can't be read. The messages don't have any signatures or attachments, they are just in Chinese. I'm using the message app that HTC phone original has.

0 Likes