stock browser
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone have any issues with the stock browser address bar. Every other time I open it and go to a site, it will disappear. It is just a black bar up there. I did restart battery pull n just did factory reset, to try to fix this and a restarting issue. It doesn't restart anymore(knock on wood), but the address bar disappearing is very annoying. The only way to get it back is to restart, then after a couple sites, it disappears again.

0 Likes
Re: stock browser
budone
Legend

Ya do know when you scroll a site the address bar scrolls with it??? If so, here is a suggestion.

Open the browser. Click MENU>MORE>SETTTINGS  Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Reset to default and see if that corrects the issue

0 Likes
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

When it disapears just scroll down(pull the top of the screen down) I just downloaded the dolphin browser and I am starting to like it a lot. You can actually put.bookmarks in folders.

0 Likes
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1

Not on my phone. The address bar stays at the top of the page. Every so often when I go back up to the top to type in a different address, there is nothing there its just black where the address bar is. I tried closing the browser and opening back up and it doesn't work.

0 Likes
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1

The thing that bugs me about dolphin is when you are reading an article and u scroll left or right, almost every time I pull out the bookmark or the other side..drives me nuts. Otherwise a good browser

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should touch the middle of the screen to begin the panning of a website instead to the edge in dolphin. I also find it helps to swipe at an angle to avoid activating the side toolbars in the Dolphin browser.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah it started after the last update I do believe right around the same time I started having issues with 4g locking up on me.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi motoryder,

I see that you have done several troubleshooting steps including a factory reset and the issue continues. One of my devices is a Thunderbolt and I am unable to reproduce the issue with the missing browser address bar outlined in your post; I feel your pain. Please keep in mind that we are able to process a Certified Like New Replacement within the one year manufacturer's warranty (Not applicable if liquid/physical damage). If a Certified Like New Replacement is not an option you want to explore, I can think of an options to ensure that you will be able to browse the internet even if the address bar disappears.

Make Google your home page and when the address bar disappear on your phone just press Menu>More>Home and you'll be able to access other websites via Google search. I understand that this is not a fix to the issue but at least is an alternative to power off the phone in order to access other websites.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes